Sunday, May 25, 2008

12 years and a fish story!

So Friday May 23rd we celebrated 12 years of marriage! It was a fun day. Bryce's mom took the kids and we went to lunch, went and saw the new Indiana Jones, went shopping, went to dinner, got ice cream and came home and watched another movie in our theater! What a day! It was so nice to not have the kids around and just be with each other! I have to say I am way more in love with him now than 12 years ago! We were babies when we got married! Five kids later and we rely on each other a lot more!

2 Dozen Roses from Bryce!

So the fish story goes like this, so Alyssa was changing her fishes water and she had the whole tank in the sink. As she was lifting it out, it slipped and she dropped it back in the sink and the whole thing spilled. Well, I hear a big bang and then Alyssa is screaming. Bryson asks, "Where is Goldie?" The fish. Well, Alyssa screams louder. Turns out the fish is down the garbage disposal. So, I can't bring myself to stick my hand in there to get it out. I am having flashbacks to when this happened years ago, and Bryce went to turn the light on to see to get it out, and "accidentally", turned on the disposal. Yeah, you can imagine the sound that made. It still makes me cringe! Anyway, Bryson is brave and he reached in and was trying to grab the fish. You could hear it flopping around, and all I could think about were the steel blades and how gross it was going to be when he got it. Well, he finally got it out and we had a bowl of water ready. He put the fish in the water and it was fine! I warned Alyssa that it might not make it, but it is going strong 4 days later! What a fish! Needless to say she is not allowed to put the fish in the tank until it is safely on the counter from now on!

2 comments:

Sara Ann said...

Happy Anniversary:) That is so gross about the fish! I would have been freaking out! That actually happened to us once too. Actually it was Aunt Michelle's fish, for some reason she brought it home from USU to our house and it got dumped from the cup she was keeping it in down the drain, but my mom fished it out, gross... and it lived!

Stephanie said...

Allison- I love your blogs so far. I think you have a very darling family and you and Bryce are a perfect match. Congratulations on 12 great years. You got a good one. love Aunt Stephanie