Monday, November 24, 2008

What a Week!

It has been a busy week around the Owen house! First of all Bryson won the Reflections contest for his category Visual Arts! He is moving on to the next level! It is his first time entering! We are so proud of him!

Here is a picture of the picture he drew with Oil Pastels.
And here is him and his trophy!

Next, I made a wedding cake last week! It was for Bryce's cousin Evan and his wife Ann. I was super stressed about it because I hadn't done the draped fondant before. I think it turned out nice though!
Here is the finished product! The flowers weren't quite what I was expecting, a little overbearing, but still nice.

Here is my part of it!

I had to include this close up, these flowers looked so nice, that was more of what I was expecting for the rest of the cake. But, I wasn't incharge of the flowers, so oh well!

Lastly, Elysabeth just had her first haircut this morning! It wasn't on purpose though! Ty was mad at me for not folding a paper properly for cutting a snowflake. Of course, I was on the phone and distracted, but he was so mad he took the scissors and cut off a lock of Elysabeth's hair, right in front of me! Good thing I was talking to my mom because I screamed and had to hang up! Luckily she has crazy curly hair and I think it will blend it, but here is the picture!
The cut part sticks out funny from just to the left of her flower!
This is what she thinks about the whole thing!
What!!!!!!!


7 comments:

Young Family said...

HOLY COW!! Good thing you can fix it!

Dave and Natasha said...

Great job on the cake! I wish we could have been there, but taking the babies on that long of a road trip isn't much fun, Jack is a little monster when he has to be in his car seat!

Allens Downunder said...

Im so impressed with the cake you did an awesome job. You are so creative.

Nicole said...

The cake looks great and so does Bryson's picture. Good job to both of you!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the good laugh. You have such a fun life. Carry on little mother - And your cake was elegant. Very impressive. Love you.

Dana said...

Wow, talented boy you have. My 8-year-old still draws stick figures. He doesn't like art much. I didn't know you decorated cakes! That is one talent I totally lack. When I read about your son cutting Elyzabeth's hair, I had to chuckle. My daughter's hair was cut by her friend. I couldn't understand (a few days later) why her hair had broken off, until I saw the locks of hair on the floor, and asked her what happened.

raybanoutlet001 said...

jordan shoes
hugo boss sale
michael kors handbags
ed hardy
cheap nba jerseys
cowboys jerseys
cardinals jersey
michael kors handbags
under armour outlet
mont blanc pens outlet