Tuesday, August 11, 2009

OOPS!

Okay, parents beware this blog entry is not for children to read! At least those who still believe in the Tooth Fairy! So, the other night we were all watching a movie in the theater and Alyssa pulls a tooth out! Cool, so about 30 minutes later Bryson also pulls a tooth out! Wow! What are the odds! To add to the craziness McKay had lost a tooth the day before. Well, for some reason we have no quarters in the house. Except for the kids banks. The tooth fairy had to raid McKay and Ty's banks to pay McKay the 3 quarters he gets for losing a tooth. I have to add that I did trade them nickels and dimes for the quarters, and they didn't even notice. Yet! Anyway, so back to Alyssa and Bryson's turn. So, the same night they lost their teeth we had an emergency in the ward that I had to help with, and didn't get home until late, and needless to say, the Tooth Fairy forgot to deliver. So, the next morning was Sunday and I was relaxing in bed with all the kids but Alyssa who was still asleep when for some reason it hit me that I had forgotten! Of course I have no quarters and how is the Tooth Fairy going to sneak into Alyssa's room at 7:30 without her waking up? So, the kids upstairs were distracted so I snuck down to Bryson's bank and found only 3 quarters and larger bills. I have to add that I didn't even have a dollar bill! Yikes! So, I snuck a dollar bill and put it in Bryson's pillow. His was a molar so they deserve more anyway right? So, then the tricky part. Alyssa was still asleep and her tooth fairy pillow was on the side of the bed closest to me. However, we had gone camping the day before and 3 camp pad were laid out on her floor yet to be pushed under her bed. So, I had to "quietly" move one a little to slide by. She didn't wake up! I made it to the pillow, retrieved the lost tooth and put in the money, all undetected! At 7:30 in the morning! I couldn't believe it! Awhile later, luckily while I was in the shower, McKay told me under the door that the tooth fairy had brought Bryson his money AFTER he woke up! As I was in the shower he didn't really wait for a response! Whew! Alyssa was none the wiser. Now, I am sure you are all wondering why I went to such trouble for my 11 and 9 year olds regarding the Tooth Fairy. I don't know why! Except that I am such a great mom!!! Just teasing! I know Bryson knows, but I really don't think Alyssa does. Oh well! Any advice on at what point I tell Bryson, sorry you are out of luck? I guess I could just hang in there, he is nearing the end of his tooth losing career? Anyway, I just had to share!

7 comments:

Young Family said...

HOLY CRAP FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Thats great you are an awesome mom!

Sara Ann said...

Haha, that is so funny! I think I stopped getting money when I stopped losing teeth. And I knew who the tooth fairy was, still it was fun to get something out of it.

ann:-) said...

Too funny! He knows about you know who in December and still asks for gifts. With my last two I sometimes forgot...ok, more than not...and would have them go get their own money. How lame is that? Or when I remembered before they went to sleep I put the money in my hand and didn't let go until I put it in the pillow. Isn't life full of fun stuff?

Tamara said...

That is hilarious!!! I am sure I will forget myself some time. (this is Tam NOT Ryan, his identity just always shows up) Actually, Ryan went to a magic show, got up on stage, and the magician gave him long stream of paper that he could tuck under his pillow. The next day it would turn into a dollar bill. Oops, mom forgot so no dollar bill. We all know magic isn't real!!!

Andrea Brown said...

You are a great mom! The other day Lindsey came to me and very seriously asked me if I was the tooth fairy. I asked her what she thought and she said she thought I was. I took a deep breath and let her in on the little secret. I thought she would be thrilled...she wasn't. She burst into tears and couldn't believe that I had lied to her. WHAT?! I can't wait until she finds out about Santa! I calmed her down and I don't think she will be scarred for life! About the money. We never have change for the tooth fairy. The other night we gave Lindsey 90 cents in nickels and dimes (stolen from Tyler and Eliza.) I think I should have a tooth fairy fund in the cupboard so I am prepared! Keep up the good work, you are awesome! Anyone with 5 kids has to be pretty great!

Nicole said...

I can totally relate... I really stink at being the tooth fairy. =)

Dana said...

You're not the only one!! I forgot two days in a row once! And then I just threw the money under the bed to make it look like he had "accidentally" knocked it off his bed in the night. Totally lame. One time, I threw it under the bed after he was eating breakfast. I guess I'm not the best when it comes to the toothfairy!